CWSA has generously donated to the Botanical Gardens to assist with the preparations for the 250th anniversary celebrations next year.
Read more: CWSA donates to 250th
The Botanical Gardens is featured in the first edition of the Botanical Bridges Newsletter (PDF). The newsletter highlights the botanical gardens of the Caribbean and Central America with the aim to increase cooperation and information sharing between them, as well as inspiring their work.Read more: Botanical Bridges Newsletter
The St. Vincent Botanical Garden is the oldest of its kind in the western hemisphere, established since 1765. For the past 248 years, the Botanical Gardens has contributed tremendously to the development of the St. Vincent and the Caribbean region in the area of exotic plant introduction, propagation and dissemination. The most popular example is the breadfruit tree, which was first brought to St. Vincent in 1793 by Captain William Bligh from Tahiti. Thanks to the then Curator Dr. Alexander Anderson, his great care for the plants, success of his efforts are evident in the widespread distribution of this most useful food plant throughout the West Indies.Read more: BOSVG helps clean up
President Ma Ying-jeou of the Republic of China (Taiwan) led a delegation to make a state visit to St. Vincent and the Grenadines on August 17, 2013. He arrived at the E.T. Joshua Airport shortly after 8:30 AM and was warmly greeted by Governor General Sir Frederick Ballantyne, Dr. the Hon. Prime Minister Ralph Gonsalves, Leader of the Opposition Hon. Arnhim Eustace and other members of Cabinet.Read more: Taiwanese President visits